Purchasing a ¼, ½, or whole is a great way to enjoy all the benefits of Englewood Grass-fed Beef. You get the most bang for your buck,get your meat cut to your specifications, and have the convenience of a freezer full of excellent beef. Once you’ve decided on the size of your order, here’s how it works:
- Price is calculated using the hanging weight (aka on the rail) at $4.25/pound for the meat plus processing at $.66/pound for ¼ or $.55/pound for ½ or whole and the appropriate portion of the $60 handling fee.
- The weight of your take home cuts will be approximately 60-65% of the hanging weight. For example, if the hanging weight is 100 pounds, you would get approximately 60-65 pounds of cut up beef. The average hanging weight per 1/4 from our 2018 harvest was between 185 and 200 pounds, resulting in 110-130 pounds of retail cuts. The actual weight of your take home cuts will depend on your exact cutting instructions. Selecting more bone-in cuts and keeping more of the good healthy fat will reduce loss.
- To reserve your order, first contact us to confirm availability and discuss available butcher dates (August, September, or October). Then send your deposit to us at the address below. $100 deposit is required per 1/4.
Englewood Grass-fed Beef
W1414 County Rd Z
Fall River, WI 53932
- We collect your cutting instructions, providing as much assistance as you need.
- Next we’ll tell you the hanging weight of your order and we can calculate the total cost due to Englewood Grass-fed Beef. Your deposit is applied and the remainder due must be received before your beef is picked up.
- We will notify you when your beef is ready (approximately 2 weeks after the butcher date, that allows for time to dry-age, cut, wrap, and flash freeze) and you pick it up at Country Meat Cutters, in Reeseville, WI. Delivery may be arranged for $50, within 1 hour drive of our farm.
- When you pick up your beef, you pay Country Meat Cutters for processing: $.66/pound hanging weight + $15.00(handling fee) for 1/4; $.55/pound hanging weight + $30 for 1/2. That is for standard white butcher paper wrapping. Vacuum sealed packaging is available for an additional fee.
- And then…Enjoy your beef!