During this time of change and uncertainty, one thing for sure has not changed. Our herd of beef cattle have continued feasting on high quality pasture and harvested forages. Our butcher dates are set for August, September, and October 2021. Contact us to reserve your order. As of September 1st, we have 1 quarter available in September and 3 quarters available in October. September cutting instructions are due the 15th so act fast!
To order individual cuts please use this order form.
To order any of our beef boxes please use the beef box order form here.
Purchasing a ¼, ½, or whole is a great way to enjoy all the benefits of Englewood Grass-fed Beef. You get the most bang for your buck,get your meat cut to your specifications, and have the convenience of a freezer full of excellent beef. Once you’ve decided on the size of your order, here’s how it works:
- Price is calculated using the hanging weight (aka on the rail) at $4.00/pound for the meat plus processing at $.70/pound for and the appropriate portion of the $100 handling fee. The handling fee for 1/4 is $32.50.
- The weight of your take home cuts will be approximately 60-65% of the hanging weight. For example, if the hanging weight is 100 pounds, you would get approximately 60-65 pounds of cut up beef. The average hanging weight per 1/4 from our 2018 harvest was between 185 and 200 pounds, resulting in 110-130 pounds of retail cuts. The actual weight of your take home cuts will depend on your exact cutting instructions. Selecting more bone-in cuts and keeping more of the good healthy fat will reduce loss. The 2018 average cost was between $925 and $1000, again calculated based on the hanging weight.
- To reserve your order, first contact us to confirm availability and discuss available butcher dates (August, September, or October 2021). Then send your deposit to us at the address below. $100 deposit is required per 1/4.
Englewood Grass-fed Beef
W1414 County Rd Z
Fall River, WI 53932
- We collect your cutting instructions, providing as much assistance as you need.
- Next we’ll tell you the hanging weight of your order and we can calculate the total cost due to Englewood Grass-fed Beef. Your deposit is applied and the remainder due must be received before your beef is picked up.
- We will notify you when your beef is ready (approximately 2 weeks after the butcher date, that allows for time to dry-age, cut, wrap, and flash freeze) and you pick it up at The Meat Market in Baraboo, WI. Delivery may be arranged for $50, within 1 hour drive of our farm.
- When you pick up your beef, you pay The Meat Market for processing: $.70/pound hanging weight + $32.50 (handling fee) for 1/4 or + $50 (handling fee) for 1/2 or +$100 (handling fee) for whole. All your cuts will be heat sealed in excellent packaging and frozen solid.
- And then…Enjoy your beef!